Monday, August 23, 2010

Batman

Only one good quote from the day!
Me, to 3rd grade class: "Would you guys like to hear me sing a real song for you?"
Class: "YEAH!"
Me: "Well, I really like singing the Little Mermaid song."
Boy: "No, not that! Do you know the Batman song?"
Me: "No..."
Boy: "What about Spiderman?"
Me: "Still no. I don't do super heroes...."
Boy: "Aww, man!"

In other news, I think I decided today what I really love about teaching. Yes, I love music, and I like hearing children's voices, and I hope that I am passing on my love of music to them. But it's really just about the kids. The way their faces light up when they see me, the way they call "Miss M!" across the cafeteria, and the hugs they give me as they get on the bus to go home. It really doesn't get much better than that, knowing that you are loved at your job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment